"Key to our selection of Skyya Communications was their team's impressive credentials in the social media arena, along with Skyya's reputation for delivering award-winning media relations for technology innovators."
• CEO, iCentera
ASP Technology, Ltd.
Driving Awareness in the Global Automotive Market
Skyya began working with ASP Technology, Ltd., a start-up headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark in November 2010. The company had just released its first product, the Anti Sleep Pilot™, a portable in-car safety device that scientifically measures a driver’s fatigue level to help prevent against drowsy driving related accidents. Based upon the initial local market success, the mission was to prepare and be successfully ready to introduce ASP to the U.S. market at the Consumer Electronics Show 2011.
The Skyya Approach
- Overcome the limitation of a startup budget and focus on a single core strategy centered on aggressive media relations to drive awareness, interest, and lead generation for market entrance.
- Engage as a team in positioning and messaging workshops to develop an immediate and aggressive media relations program.
- Inform existing media relationships of the brand/product and conduct briefings, pitch editorial calendars, and proactively pitch to educate the media in advance of CES 2011.
- Skyya generated and unprecedented stream of top tier press coverage leading up to CES and the three months following the show.
- The team secured hundreds of product briefs, feature stories, round-up inclusions, and stand-alone reviews with the top print, broadcast and CE venues in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
- Key stories and reviews were featured in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, VentureBeat, Investor’s Business Daily, AutoWeek, MSN, The New York Times, FOX News, TechCrunch, Men’s Health, the TODAY Show, LA Times, and AutoEvolution.
- Three short months after their launch at CES 2011, a search on the company name returned 324k hits in Google (vs. 384k for the term “drowsy driving”).
- The worldwide reach of the campaign resulting in ASP Technology “selling out” of its initial inventory production run.
The campaign has continued to help Anti Sleep Pilot™ gain worldwide awareness and sales momentum. More than 2,500 newspaper, magazine, radio and television spots were secured from leading worldwide media. Following the campaign around 500 business requests were received from distributors and strategic partners including leading OEM, Tier1 Suppliers, and navigation companies.
For more information please visit www.antisleeppilot.com.