CEO Thought Leadership: Peter Adderton
Peter Adderton, founder and former CEO of Boost Mobile USA, was on the hunt for a superstar agency to help tell his story to lawmakers, the DOJ, the FCC, and American consumers via hard-hitting news stories and interviews in top-tier media outlets. He reached out to a trusted publicist, who said “you need to call Skyya.” Peter had strong feelings about the proposed Sprint/T-Mobile merger, and he wanted to put pressure on the telecom giants ensuring that all the right people on The Hill and The Street heard his message…and quickly.
- Skyya was hired on May 14, 2018, and with a key senate subcommittee hearing on the proposed merger scheduled for June 27, our goal was to secure a significant amount of business press coverage prior to the hearing.
- Orchestrate a NYC press tour with top-tier broadcast and business outlets and do it quickly.
- Peter’s ultimate goal was to influence lawmakers to force the telecom giants to divest the prepaid brands – Boost Mobile and MetroPCS, and call for price regulation for MVNOs.
- One week after being hired, Skyya conducted a three-day NYC press tour consisting of in-person briefings and on-air interviews with WSJ, CNBC Squawk Box, Bloomberg, Reuters, CNN, USA Today & FOX Business + half a dozen phone briefings as well.
- In our first six weeks, we issued six press releases and secured 60 broadcast segments or national stories in outlets including FOX Business, MSN, BGN, Politico, Washington Examiner, NY Times, FierceWireless, Wireless Week, Yahoo! Finance, and Business Insider.
- Launched a consumer education website – www.ALL4PRICE.com (a riff on T-Mobile’s All 4 5G website).
- On the day of hearing in D.C., Skyya orchestrated another NYC press tour that included on-air segments with FOX Business’ Maria Bartiromo & Cheddar TV, plus deskside briefings with WSJ, Reuters, USA Today, Washington Examiner and Bloomberg News.
- In our first three weeks, Sprint & T-Mobile execs got our message, responded to the pressure, and made reference to Peter’s efforts under oath during the June 27th hearing.
For more information please visit www.boostmobile.com.