Case Study: Celebrity Ambassador
In 2014 Skyya and Indian Motorcycle were gearing up to re-launch the 2015 Indian Scout during a private VIP event at the 74th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, marking the rebirth of the most iconic motorcycle ever made. To support the launch, Skyya was tasked with recruiting a brand ambassador who would help elevate Indian Motorcycle’s brand awareness, grow motorcycle and apparel market share and expand our brand appeal and revenues for the Scout with current and new market demographics, like younger riders and women.
Skyya’s objective was to vet an A-list celebrity who was an approachable and authentic fan of the brand to be the public face of the historic launch of the Indian Scout. Public appearances, social media and a number of activations including dealer events and military base visits were core to the objectives to expand the current rider base. The ambassador would also promote and represent the bike and brand pillars at trade events, in lifestyle and consumer press, and through product placement with film & script integration. The ambassador had to Illustrate that the Scout has authentic heritage and groundbreaking engineering in order to distinctively position the bike as an icon in American motorcycling (past, present and future). The ambassador also had to align with Indian Motorcycle’s deep history of supporting the US military and recently formed partnership with the USO.
- 123 Scout-specific stories in the press representing 1.5 billion impressions, garnering 17 top-tier bike reviews and hosting press events on both coasts.
- Brand placement in People’s “Sexiest Man Alive” issue, in the 2015 season of The Wahlburgers, and at the Aquahydrate Race.
- Interviews with Women’s Wear Daily and Esquire.
- Produced a 3-min military tribute video launching the Scout Content Series & the Custom Military Scout bike.
- Array of posts on Mark’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter).
- Live In-Studio interview on EXTRA with Mario Lopez in Los Angeles.
- Launched the “Mark Wahlberg Collection”, a signature limited-edition apparel collection.
- Secured product placement in Ted 2 and Daddy’s Home. Skyya worked directly with Paramount Pictures for key script and product integration.
For more information please visit www.indianmotorcycle.com.